[ENOG discuss] Introducing SPF records

Razvan C. Oprea razvan.oprea at ripe.net
Wed Apr 25 15:42:17 CEST 2018

Dear ENOG community,

On Tuesday, 1 May 2018, we will introduce, in the enog.org DNS zone, a Sender Policy Framework (SPF) record with a soft fail qualifier that will allow remote mail servers to validate that the emails we send come from our domain.

We are making this change because, recently, a significant number of Gmail or G Suite users have experienced issues when emails have been sent from our email servers. In certain cases, some of the emails were rejected or marked as spam.

The only potential negative consequence of this change is that there will be an increased likelihood that forwarded emails will be tagged as spam by various email service providers. If you do not forward emails received from enog.org email addresses, this change will not affect you at all.

We're sorry if you were affected by the recent issues. If you have any concerns or would like more details about this change, please contact the Operations Team directly at <ops at ripe.net>.

Best regards,

Razvan C. Oprea
Senior Systems Engineer