[ENOG discuss] Anti-Shutdown-01

Volodymyr Litovka doka.ua at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 09:04:19 CEST 2017

Dmitry,

your position on this topic is clear. Since government of Russia,
actually, is closest to such "shutdown" scenario, you will not support
sanctions for this.

But this proposal is about how to deal with *attack**s*. There are,
actually, three choices: ignore, be deeply concerned and penalize. Last
years from real world's life shown what happen if 1st and 2nd options
were chosen.

In the case we're discussing now, if RIRs think that somebody violates
human rights (even if local government don't think so) or attacks
Internet in any other way, RIRs need to actively react on this.
Actually, we all need to defend this territory as much as we can and
there is no place for inactivity and passive observation.

Thanks.

--
Volodymyr Litovka
   "Vision without Execution is Hallucination." -- Thomas Edison