[ENOG discuss] ENOG 8 - Call for host

Serge Radovcic sr at ripe.net
Wed Dec 11 17:07:36 CET 2013

Dear colleagues,

The ENOG 8 Meeting has been scheduled to take place in Odessa Ukraine on
21-22 October 2014 at the Bristol Hotel (TBC). Following the success our
the previous meetings in the Ukraine we are eagerly anticipating this meeting,
however we need some assistance in the form of a local host for this meeting.

The Host for ENOG 8 will be required to:

  - Assist in finding a suitable venue for an evening social event with
dinner
  - Supply suitable Internet connectivity for the duration of the event
(this can be sponsored)
  - Provide financial assistance of at least 15,000 EUR
  - Assist in finding suitable local sponsors for the event
  - Invite local government officials
  - Provide local support before and during the event
  - Create local language (Ukrainian/Russian) PR material for the event
  - Support in providing invitation letters for visas for participants
(where needed)
  - Assist in finding suitable simultaneous translation for the event
  - Assist in finding a suitable web-cast service for the event
  - Assist in finding a photographer for the event
  - Assist with printed material for the event
  - Provide four staff members to assist with registration and other
duties during the meeting

Hosting such a meeting provides your organisation with excellent
visibility to the ENOG community. Your organisation's name will be
mentioned in meeting announcements, as well as the opening and closing
sessions of the meeting. Your organisation will also be given the
opportunity to make a short welcome speech during the opening plenary.
Your logo will be prominently displayed on the meeting website (on
http://www.enog.org/), in printed meeting material, on participant
badges, on-site banners and in the meeting reports.

If you are interested in hosting the ENOG 8 Meeting please make contact
with us <enog at ripe.net> describing how you would meet each of the above
requirements.

This call for hosting the ENOG 8 meeting will close on the 21 January 2014.

Kind regards,

Serge Radovcic
Chief Communications
RIPE NCC